Important Quick Facts:
- Each year in the US, 2 million people acquire serious bacterial infections that are resistant to one or more prescribed antibiotics, and at least 23,000 people die as a direct result of these antibiotic-resistant
- An estimated 55% of antibiotic prescriptions for Infections are unnecessary.
- The misuse of antibiotics costs the US healthcare system over $20 billion each year.
Implications of Antibiotic Resistance
- Increases mortality and morbidity from untreatable diseases.
- Increases risk of global spread of pathogens.
- Results in longer, more frequent hospital stays.
- Limits drug options at a time when pharmaceutical companies are developing fewer new antimicrobials.
- Increases cost of research for new drugs
Comprehensive, Accurate and Fast Results
UPX Test Reports
UPX Antibiotic Treatment Guidance
The following tables shows common treatment options for organisms assayed as present in this sample, combined with any positive or negative assayed resistance markers. “T” indicates a treatment option; “T:R” indicates a treatment option that may be affected by the detected resistance marker(s).
CFU equivalents: Low(L) / Medium (M) / High (H)