- Estimated economic impact of non-influenza related URTI’s is $40 Billion annually in the US.
- Adults average 2-5 upper respiratory tract infections each year while children average 7-10 annually.
- This test is still fast but includes Antibiotic information
Implications of Antibiotic Resistance
- Increases mortality and morbidity from untreatable diseases.
- Increases risk of global spread of pathogens.
- Results in longer, more frequent hospital stays.
- Limits drug options at a time when pharmaceutical companies are developing fewer new antimicrobials.
- Increases cost of research for new drugs
Comprehensive, Accurate and Fast Results
Advanced Respiratory Panel (RPX) Test Report
RPX Antibiotic Treatment Options
The following tables shows common treatment options for organisms assayed as present in this sample, combined with any positive or negative assayed resistance markers. “T” indicates a treatment option; “T:R” indicates a treatment option that may be affected by the detected resistance marker(s).
CFU equivalents: Low(L) / Medium (M) / High (H)