What is it?
It is the study of the Genetic difference in metabolic pathways which affect Individual responses to drugs, both in terms of therapeutic affect as well as adverse effects (how genetics influence a patient’s response to medications)
Why Utilize PGx Testing?
- Precision prescribing is better medicine than “Trial and Error Prescribing”
- Decrease ADE’s (Adverse Drug Events)
- Less hospitalizations as a result of ADE’s
- Promotes Healthcare savings
- Covered by Medicare and most commercial payers
Who is already using (or teaching) PGx Testing?
- Harvard Medical School & Beth Israel Deaconess
- Georgetown Medical School
- Stanford University – Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine
- Columbia Presbyterian
- Weill Cornell Precision Medical Institute
- NIH & FDA
- Drug Manufactures – Tailored Therapeutics
- Cardiology & Anesthesiology Boards
PGx Testing Finds:
The RIGHT DRUG
At the RIGHT DOSE
For the RIGHT PATIENT
THE VERY FIRST TIME!
Pharmacogenetics (PGx) Test Report
Comprehensive and Informative